Miguel Anjos, PhD, FCAE, FEUROPT, SMIEEE
MOPTA 2008 Benchmark
At the MOPTA 2008 conference, the plenary speaker Don Jones of GM gave a presentation entitled Large-Scale Multi-Disciplinary Mass Optimization in the Auto Industry. As part of that presentation, he set a new multi-disciplinary optimization (MDO) benchmark problem as a challenge to the optimization community. The slides for Jones' talk, as well as the files for the test problem, are available below.
- Slides of the presentation explaining the MDO problem as well as directions for using the Fortran code.
- Files for Unix / Linux
- Fortran code as a gzipped tar file.
- Directory with the individual Fortran code files (perhaps easier to handle than the gzipped tar file above).
- start.txt file.
- input.txt file.
- output.txt file.
- Linux executable (32-bit) graciously provided by Emmanuel Vazquez.
- Linux executable (64-bit) (may not work on all 64-bit Linux installations) graciously provided by Emmanuel Vazquez.
- Files for Windows PC:
Please send any questions and updates by email.
- April 15, 2009: The MOPTA08 Benchmark webpage is now complete and ready for public access.