top of page
Selected Research Grants
- 2016-2021: NSERC-Hydro-Quebec-Schneider Electric Senior Industrial Research Chair on Optimization for the Smart Grid.
- 2015-2020: NSERC Strategic Network Grant for the project NSERC Energy Storage Technology Network.
- 2015-2020: NSERC Discovery Grant for the project Conic Optimization Approaches for Hard Discrete Problems in Engineering.
- 2014-2017: NSERC-FRQNT BMP Innovation in partnership with ExPretio Technologies Inc.
- 2012-2016: Natural Resources Canada funding for Managing Energy Storage Capacities Dispersed in an Electrical Grid to Reduce the Effects of Renewable Energy Source Variability.
- 2011-2016: Canada Research Chair in Discrete Nonlinear Optimization in Engineering.
- 2010-2015: NSERC Discovery Grant for Semidefinite-Programming-Based Approaches for Hard Combinatorial Optimization Problems in Engineering: Modelling, Algorithms, and Applications.
- 2005-2010: NSERC Discovery Grant for Semidefinite-Programming-Based Approaches for Hard Combinatorial Optimization Problems.
- 2004-2009: Canada Foundation for Innovation New Opportunities (CFI) and Ontario Research Fund Research Infrastructure (ORF-RI) Awards for Electricity Market Simulation & Optimization Laboratory (EMSOL). Joint project with K. Bhattacharya.
- 2005-2007: Bell University Laboratories (BUL) Grant for Multi-Period Demand Forecasting for Networking Planning with Several Central Offices. Joint project with H. Wolkowicz and A. Vannelli.
- 2005-2006: Mitacs Grant for New Interior Point Methods and Software for Convex Conic-Linear Optimization and Their Application to Solve VLSI Circuit Layout Problems. Joint collaboration with 11 researchers.
- 2005-2006: NSERC Research Tools and Instruments (Category I) Grant for the Acquisition of High Performance Computing Equipment for Solving Semidefinite Programming Relaxations of Hard Combinatorial Optimization Problems.
- 2003-2005: Nuffield Foundation New Lecturers in Science, Engineering and Mathematics Grant for Application of Semidefinite Programming to the Facility Layout Problem.
- 2003-2004: University of Southampton Annual Research Grant for Application of Semidefinite Programming to the Facility Layout Problem.
bottom of page